Bathroom Remodeling Cost Washington DC
How Much Does it Cost to Remodel a Bathroom in Washington DC?
Bathroom Remodeling Cost Washington DC
With a population of over seven hundred thousand, the Washington DC includes the Georgetown, Petworth, Capitol Hill and more significant areas. During the workweek, the population goes up to a million. There are almost 300,000 households within the District in 2019. Washington DC has a lot of rowhomes and most of them are needs to be remodeled. Today We will explain the bathroom remodeling process in Washington DC area.
Table of Contents
Budget of Your Project
The average cost of a bathroom remodeling project in Washington DC is $13,500. However, we know that there are bathroom remodeling projects costs range as low as $4,000. On the other hand, we know that there are bathroom remodeling projects as high as $35,000 in Washington DC.
In order to create your bathroom remodeling budget in Washington DC you need to consider the size of your bathroom. Average size bathrooms are 5×7 in Washington DC. We know that Washington DC rowhomes are really narrow in some streets. Therefore, the bathrooms are smaller. Once you figure out your bathroom size you can easily create your bathroom remodeling Washington DC budget.
Bathroom Design (Layout) in Washington DC
Bathroom design in Washington DC is really needs attention. As we mentioned earlier, the bathrooms are can be real small and narrow in Washington DC. In order to design your small bathroom you may need a guidance from experts. Layout matters because the labor and material costs depend on the design.
For instance, there are some bathroom remodeling projects we cover only the shower walls with tiles. On the other hand, there are some projects we cover all the walls in the bathroom with tiles.
We can use 24 inch bathroom vanities or 60 inch double sink vanities. There are various bathroom fixtures such as shower systems, shower heads, hand showers and shower panels. All of these items needs to be checked by the designer. In order to match color patterns, shape of the fixtures (round or square) and shower tubs etc. should be considered by someone who has expertise on the remodeling projects. All these details must be taken care of by experts and professionals.
Bathroom Remodeling Washington DC Materials
Bathroom remodeling materials include tiles, bath tubs, bathroom fixtures, bathroom lights, bathroom vanities, mirrors, shower doors, toilets and bathroom fans. In order to create a accurate bathroom remodeling budget, we need to specify the materials. For instance, the price range for tiles is from $1 to $15 a square foot. It depends on the design of your bathroom but it definitely affects the budget. On the other hand, there are thousands of bathroom faucets and fixtures. The average price range for bathroom faucet is from $60 to $750. The decision process can be complicated, but a qualified experts should be able to guide you during the process.
Bathroom vanities are in various standards and prices. Thousands of different styles and models out there. Bathroom vanities at most stores start at $90-$150 for a single sink vanity. The average cost of the single sink vanity can be $250-$1000 for double sink vanities its $400-$2000. Home Depot and Lowe’s sell most of their vanities without top. In that case we need to add the countertop prices top of those prices.
How Long Does It Take to Remodel a Bathroom in Washington DC?
Remodeling a bathroom in Washington DC from scratch to top should take 3-4 weeks. Small size bathrooms, such as 5×7 or 8×6, should take 2-3 weeks.
If everything goes smooth this timetable can get shorter. Having all the materials on the job site before starting the project will really shortens the time. Because some materials may be special order from special stores and sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks to have everything on your hand. So, once you start project without having the materials ready can increase the project period.
Picking the Right Contractor
Once you have everything ready on your hand. Now it’s time to choose the right contractor but how you are going to know who is the right contractor?
- Recommendations: You can always ask your friends or neighbors who had recently renovations on their properties. Verbal recommendations are more useful and reliable. On the other hand, nowadays, you can always reach contractors Google Reviews, Yelp Reviews, Facebook Reviews etc. These reviews will be very helpful to have an idea about the contractor.
- Portfolio: You can ask your potential contractor for their portfolio. They should have their own completed projects page or portfolio page to show their potential customers. By checking their portfolio you will have an idea of what kind of projects this contractor is doing. You need a bathroom remodeling but this potential contractor mostly focusing on kitchen remodeling projects. It may be wiser to choose a contractor who have more experience on the bathroom remodeling projects.
- License: You should always ask your potential contractors for their license. Legal requirements for contractor license vary by the state, so you should ask your contractor for Washington DC Contractor License Certificate.
Smart Ideas to Reduce the Cost of Your Bathroom Remodeling Project
- Do not Relocate: If you want to save some money on your bathroom remodeling project you should keep the existing layout of your bathroom. Therefore, you do not have to move pipes around the bathroom and save money from the labor and material.
- Materials: Another way of saving on bathroom remodeling is the materials. You can get materials by yourself and hire a contractor to install them. However, if you buy your material from the same store that sells everything you need. It will really save you some money and time.
- Step by Step Bathroom Remodeling: You made your budget to remodel your bathroom but its more than what you expected? You can start remodeling project and then continue as money becomes available for you.